JOIN THE CONVERSATION CLUB -- https://www.patreon.com/thinkinginenglish
Sudan is in a state of crisis. Conflict is raging between military and paramilitary forces, and ordinary Sudanese people are trapped in the middle of the violence. Today, let’s discuss the background of this conflict, why fighting started, and what the future holds for Sudan!
TRANSCRIPT - https://thinkinginenglish.blog/2023/04/19/226-what-is-happening-in-sudan-english-vocabulary-lesson/
ENGLISH CLASSES - https://thinkinginenglish.link/
Buy Me a Coffee - https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dashboard
NEW YOUTUBE Channel!!! - https://www.youtube.com/@thinkinginenglishpodcast
INSTAGRAM - thinkinginenglishpodcast (https://www.instagram.com/thinkinginenglishpodcast/)
Blog - thinkinginenglish.blog
- Paramilitary (adj) - A paramilitary group is organized like an army but is not official and often not legal.
- Civilian (adj) - relating to a person who is not a member of the police or the armed forces.
- Outbreak (n) - a sudden appearance of something, esp. of a disease or something else dangerous or unpleasant.
- Coup d’état (n) - sudden defeat of a government through illegal force by a small group, often a military one
- Transition (n) - a change from one form or type to another, or the process by which this happens.
- To redeploy (v) - to move employees, soldiers, equipment, etc. to a different place or use them in a more effective way.
- To bear the brunt (idiom) - Put up with the worst of some bad circumstance.
- Ramification (n) - the possible results of an action.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/thinking-english/message
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/thinking-english/support